Sunday, February 16, 2014

Sad News, Glad News

I have not been rewarded for my patience, and so, I have a sad, as the cats say these days: Wicked East Press has decided to return all the stories back to their authors and not publish the book. Of course, my contract had expired and so the rights were already returned to me, but I did not start shopping the story again, for I had hoped that WEP would get through their tough times and go forward. It would appear they did not. That's such a bummer. Small presses often have troubles, and sometimes, authors get caught in them. Still, I have nothing but nice things to say and I hope they can go back into production at some point in the future.

I did have a moment of happiness, too. Nothing as exciting as an acceptance, alas, but something that is gladsome none the less. I finished the third draft of a story that I have been working on for years, and have finally let someone else read it. It took me a long time to get that story through a rewrite that I felt put it over the "Will I allow anyone else to read this?" hump. I was glad all the way through when I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment