Thursday, August 4, 2011

Whee!

I am stunned and happy, I must say.

I used the site--Duotrope Digest--to find a small press market where I might have a chance and, BAZINGA! I got an acceptance note today for The Flower That She Wears. It's no joke, Sheldon!

See, I knew that the story wasn't totally awful! I was so pained when I took that writers workshop. Nearly everyone disliked it. They almost all told me some way in which it needed to be improved. And I will be honest, if I wanted to tell the story the ways they wanted to change it, their suggestions would have been valid. But they didn't hear what I was saying, they were not the right readers. Only a couple of people in the workshop recognized that something else was happening, and wherever they are in the world now, I thank them. If they hadn't said something in the workshop, that piece would still be hidden in the drawer as yet another example of how I stink as a writer.

There's no money. It's a small press. I will get a contributor's copy, and that'll be all I get in the real world. But in my heart, I get hope. That's priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment