Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have a lot of writing resolutions. If last year was the Year of the Scribe, I'd like this year to be the Year of the Writer.

I've always seen them as pretty much the same thing, because I came to the idea of "scribe" as a person who does something artistically creative--make documents that look beautiful. However, I'd like to go bast decorating the document to writing the story. I suppose it's a fine line that may or may not exist very specifically in my own head, and no one elses, but it's meaningful to me, and so here are the resolutions that I think will help with that:

1. Keep works in circulation. One short story and 2 poems put out for consideration every month.

2. Finish everything I can find that is half-way done before 31 Dec 2012.

Keeping up with resolution number one may very well ensure that resolution number 2 has to happen.

Anyway, I've finished a couple of flash pieces and have submitted one of them--so, to keep my resolution for January, 2 poems still need to go out. I really am enchanted by the publication I sent the work to, so I hope they accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment