Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pretty soon!

So, following the news on the Wicked East forum, Beneath the Pretty Lies has closed to submissions, as they have received enough material to fill it. I'm pretty happy about that, and I look forward to the next stage in that process!

I have drafted out a few things, and have had my eyeball pleasantly surprised by a couple of interesting looking anthologies for 2012 from Wicked East, specifically, this one and this one and possibly this one.

I already have several things completed that would work well here, but I am not sure if I want to submit them. It's kind of odd, but I almost feel like I don't want to submit too much to the same publisher, lest I wear out my welcome. I expect I will eventually get over that. However, the bigger reason, which I may not get over, is that I have been tending to write the outlines for future projects as bedtime stories--which would be why I have so many things appropriate for this set. I feel, right now, like submitting them would turn them into completed projects, so it's kind of about what projects might feel to me like they are complete.

I'm looking ahead, though. So far, I do like this company, and I'm sorry that I don't have enough free time to complete a story for the Dragons anthology, because, heavens, that's a perfect anthology for me. However, I'm currently keeping my promise to myself to pursue writing while I am underemployed, which, by its nature, suggests that I have to use a lot of my time working for somebody else's ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment