Sunday, September 9, 2012

Brief update

I've not been writing and submitting much over the summer, not because I have not wanted to, but because summer stole my writing time. I'm either in the garden or engaged in social activities that I feel duty-bound to keep.

Don't misunderstand me, I want to be in these social engagements, or I would not make them. But I have spent some of the summer thinking about the choices we make. It's more important to me to interact with my family, while the kids are young, because time will take the people they are now and replace them with grown-ups who have too much to do and no time for various relatives. However, I must also be true to myself; one day I will be too old to make any progress in my own ambitions.

So I made myself send out submissions today. Accepted or not, sending them forth is already fruit borne of my desire to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment